Christopher Antwine received his MS in Rehabilitation Counseling at Langston University. He is clinically trained and is a Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Oklahoma. Christopher received his Neurofeedback training with Stress Therapy Solutions, Optimal Brain Performance, and Dr. Lisa Black. He is also a member of the International Society of Neuroregulation & Research (ISNR) Christopher is an active and certified member Biofeedback Certification International Alliance (BCIA). where he holds the certification BCN (Board Certified in Neurofeedback)
Currently, Christopher is under the mentorship of Dr. Lisa Black for QEEG-D (Quantitative Electroencephalogram Diplomate) . Dr. Black is a Licensed Psychologist in the state of Oklahoma, Board Certified in Neurofeedback, Fellow, and has been practicing Neurofeedback since 1999. Further, Dr. Black received her Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology with a specialty focus in Behavioral Medicine from the University of North Texas, and finally, she received Masters in Psychology with an emphasis in Neuropsychology from the University of North Texas.
While in the field, he has spent a large amount of his professional career working with various clients ranging from teens in the juvenile system to older adults coping with a terminal illness. Throughout his professional development, he has worked with clients with Anxiety, ADHD, Autism, Anger issues, ODD, Learning disability, and other related issues. Christopher's approach the Neurofeedback is that we all have the ability to change our lives. Many times it is not our lack of discipline or being unmotivated to change, but the fact that our brains get stuck in a cycle that does not allow us to regulate ourselves. A great philosopher once said in terms of change, "Sometimes it's not an I won't, but it is an I can't." Neurofeedback can open up pathways that allow the individual to say, "I can, I will, and I did."
BCIA-certified professionals are internationally respected for six reasons.
1. BCIA is a not-for-profit entity that has been an effective advocate for our field. BCIA has been dedicated to a singular mission since 1981: "BCIA certifies individuals who meet education and training standards in biofeedback and progressively recertifies those who advance their knowledge through continuing education."
2. BCIA certification programs are the only ones recognized by the three major international membership organizations: the Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (AAPB), the Biofeedback Federation of Europe (BFE), and the International Society for Neuroregulation and Research (ISNR).
3. BCIA's certification programs are based on scientific evidence published in refereed journals. BCIA rejects narrow, unsubstantiated perspectives and the conflict of interest that exists when certification depends on a specific vendor's equipment, databases, and protocols. BCIA certification is based on a reading list, Blueprint of Knowledge, and Professional Standards and Ethical Principles that were developed following an extensive job analysis and that are regularly updated by a task force of international authorities in biofeedback. BCIA continually gathers data to validate and revise its exams through the psychometric process to ensure the relevance, integrity, and value of our certification program.
4. BCIA's certification exams adhere to the highest psychometric standards. We painstakingly evaluate and revise our exam on a regular basis. Several independent experts, who include clinicians and the most experienced educators in our field, regularly review exam items to ensure that they represent key blueprint concepts, are sourced to our core reading lists, and are psychometrically sound. We regularly replace outdated exam questions with new ones that are contributed, reviewed, and then validated by our certificants.
5. BCIA requires that our certificants adhere to one of the strongest ethical codes in our field as outlined in the Professional Standards and Ethical Principles document. In addition, we require that our certificants complete 3 hours of ethics continuing education when they renew their certification. Our rigorous ethical standards are one of the many reasons that our international colleagues have chosen BCIA certification.
6. BCIA's Board of Directors consists of clinicians, educators, and researchers who have guided the development and recognition of the modality. Our Board includes leaders in the fields from clinical practice, academia, and research who